Friday, May 9, 2008

Everybody Loves Kungfu Fighting

Yesterday I went to Cine to catch one of Thailand's most promising martial arts starlet.
At just the age of 23, Yanin "Jeeja" Vismitanada has made a hit in her homeland, and very soon, the world over. Most of you probably have not heard of this young she-devil, so I'll let you be astounded by her fighting prowess in this youtube video, it's the trailer for her breakthrough film: 'Chocolate'.

She was supposed to showcase some of her stunts. However, due to a leg injury she sustained in Hongkong, this event was considerably shortened.

Looks can kill

"Ah hahaha..."

Anyway, after a brief introduction about herself and some tidbits about the movie, selected members of the audience were invited on stage to play a game, whereby Jeeja displayed some Muay Thai moves, and the participants were to mimick her steps. The one person whose moves are as close to Jeeja's pattern will get an autographed poster, 2 complimentary tickets to the movie, and Chocolate notebooks.

I was quick enough to position myself near the stage and volunteered myself for the game. Needless to say, the energy on stage was electrifying; just standing beside Jeeja makes me giddy with awe and excitement.

I wore my Muay Thai shirt for her

And I dominated the game

Kunfuuuuuu fightinnnng!

Sa Wa Di Kar
"You have a nice shirt"
*blush*




No comments: